Top 10 skincare uses for castile liquid soap
Not sure what castile liquid soap is? You might want to read 'Why I adore castile liquid soap!' to understand why I love this stuff, what it is and how it's made.
Why will your skin love castile?
Organic liquid castile soap is a traditional soap - tried, tested and proven effective over centuries of use. It’s been loved by generations of families for its many cherished qualities.
- natural safe lather - no chemical foam enhancers! We’ve all become used to the huge amounts of foaming that commercial brands tell us we need. More foam, they say, equals better more luxurious cleansing. That’s just not true. I know it, you know it and it’s time to give your skin a break.
- gentle cleansing - safe for grandparents and grandchildren alike. Castile liquid soap is made from pure plant oils, making it perfect for all skin types, especially sensitive skin.
- versatile yet sensitive – whether you’re in the shower or bath you can use it for hands, face, feet, underarms and down below! I Am Natural castile body wash gently cleans everywhere, even sensitive areas!
- non-drying – castile liquid soap actually improves the moisture level in your skin, locking in moisture with its natural humectant glycerin content. Remember glycerin is a natural by-product of the soap making process that absorbs & holds water. It’s crazy that so many soap manufacturers discard it!
- Healing – unlike synthetic detergents, castile has natural antibacterial properties so it’s ideal for washing grazed, broken skin. Made with sunflower oil containing oleic acid (omega 9 fatty acid) also means that wound healing is super speedy!
- calms and soothes – you know how dry rough skin feels really uncomfortable and provokes constant fear of cracking and infection. The plant oils in castile liquid soap are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids that help replenish moisture, encouraging the growth of healthy supple skin that doesn’t flake.
- Revives dull skin – skin pores blocked by irritating synthetic soap can result in dull greasy blemished skin; washing with plant-based castile removes dead skin cells and lets your skin breathe. Say yes to clear bright skin!
- Beautiful aging – the sunflower oil in I Am Natural castile liquid contains rich antioxidants like Vitamin E. Use your soap regularly to slow the impact of skin cell degeneration and soften the appearance of wrinkles.
- Improves eczema – the linoleic acid in sunflower oil, commonly known at omega 6, contributes to cell and tissue strength whilst maintaining moisture. It also protects against bacteria and germs. I Am Natural castile liquid soap is free from synthetic chemicals, fragrance and colours that can irritate skin and cause eczema flare ups.
- Stress free – castile has a long safe shelf-life so you don’t need to worry about using it quickly, or the ingredients going ‘off’ or becoming toxic. At I Am Natural the castile blends are made in small batches so you always know you’re getting the freshest safest product for your skin.
- concentrated formula – a little goes a long way so you can enjoy your castile liquid soap for longer!
This impressive liquid soap is super concentrated, so buying a large bottle to decant into your favourite dispenser is a worth-while eco-friendly purchase. You can use I Am Natural castile hand & body wash straight from the bottle in the bath or shower, as it will naturally dilute with the water around you but I recommend diluting it slightly if using it as a hand soap or facial cleanser.
Top 10 skincare uses for castile liquid soap
I Am Natural castile hand & body washes have been professionally pre-blended with organic essential oils to give specific benefits for yourskin. You can enjoy the castile blends I have formulated in many ways:
1. Nourishing Body Wash
Simply add a little castile soap onto a flannel and let the shower do the diluting as you wash. For a deeper cleansing experience and to invigorate your skin, add your soap to a Happy Hemp Exfoliating Cloth and wash your body using a circular motion. I love the Organic Frankincense & Bergamot Body Wash for this experience.
2. Sanitising hand wash
Choose your preferred scent of I Am Natural castile hand & body wash, (I prefer Organic Lemongrass & Mint for my hand wash as it’s antibacterial), stir 2 tablespoons of soap into 350ml water and fill your soap dispenser with the mixture. Easy peasy!
3. Luxurious cleansing bath
Although castile soap doesn’t foam like bubble bath (because it’s so natural), you can add it to your bath to give you a soothing stress busting soak. I love the Organic Lavender & Rose body wash for this as it smells divine! Just add two tablespoons of soap under the hot running tap to disperse, pour a glass of wine and relax.
4. Moisturising face wash
To remove daily dirt and grim, lather the soap between your fingers or apply to a wash-cloth, rub all over your face and rinse as usual. For a quick stimulating facial, sprinkle a pinch or two of ground coffee into your lathered soap and gentle massage into your skin. Rinse and moisturise as usual.
5. Natural shaving balm
Lather up your organic castile soap and apply to the area you want to shave. You might want to add a little amount of carrier oil for extra moisture as shaving can damage the surface of the skin. If you’re feeling creative, melt a little coconut oil and blend it with your favourite I Am Natural castile soap; a high-speed blender works best for this. Let it set and hey presto you have a super soft shaving balm!
6. Cleansing Foot Bath
If your feet are tired or suffering from dry cracked skin, roughness or fungal infections, simply add your castile soap to a tub of hot water and submerge your feet for 20 minutes. I recommend the Organic Lemongrass & Mint castile soap for it’s refreshing anti-bacterial and moisturising properties. Plus it smells so pure and clean!
7. Neutralising Deodorant
If you have sensitive armpits and need a natural alternative to commercial deodorants, grab yourself a small spritz bottle and mix up the following recipe to keep body odours at bay: simply combine ½ teaspoon of castile soap and 1 teaspoon of sea salt. Spray in the underarm area as needed. The Organic Sweet Orange & Patchouli Body Wash is great for this!
8. Clearing your sinuses
Keeping your sinuses and airways clear is more challenging as we age, and sometimes ‘stuffiness’ feels like the norm. Not anymore. Fill a large bowl with hot water and add a few dollops or 1 tablespoon of castile soap. Inhale the steam that rises from the hot water and wear a towel over your head to stop the steam escaping. Add a few drops of organic eucalyptus oil as this is very effective in increasing respiratory circulation, reducing inflammation and activating your immune system.
9. Brushing your teeth
Yep you can even use it instead of toothpaste! Organic castile soap doesn’t have the best of tastes but if you prefer to use natural products rather than commercial toothpaste then castile will work for you. Remember, the most effective part of toothbrushing is the brushing, not the foam and there are plenty of harsh detergents and additives in big brand toothpastes. Add a little extra peppermint or tea tree oil to your toothbrush for a tastier experience.
10. Refreshing mouthwash
A quick and easy way to keep your mouth free from bacteria. Just mix one drop of castile soap to a shot glass of water. You can use peppermint again to make it tastier and more refreshing!
However you use your castile soap be sure to tell everyone you know how much you love it.
If you enjoyed this article and would like to be kept in the know about future blogs and special offers, subscribe to the I Am Natural newsletter.
Read more about natural vegan skincare in the I Am Natural Vegan Beauty Journal.